The Wand Company, makers of high end Star Trek prop replicas with practical functions, are back in action, with both the return of a classic product, and a new working tricorder on the way. Continue below to check them out.
So far The Wand Company have produced a TOS phaser remote control(ad), a TOS communicator Bluetooth handset, and a type-1 phaser remote controlled mood light rock(ad). The phaser and communicator have been out of production for some time, and as a result are typically garnering very inflated prices on the secondary market. Well that price bubble just burst, as communicator is going back into production for a 55th anniversary release, and is available to order now on the Star Trek Shop (due to ship just next month).
- Logs (grey) - A catalogue of episodic captain's logs.
- Planetary (blue) - Images and information about planets in our solar system.
- Audio (brown) - Sound recording functions.
- Atmosphere (beige) - A range of sensors including barometric, humidity, and temperature, with real time recording and displays of graphs for review.
- Radiation (green) - FM radio and "EM field sensor"
- Orientation (red) - Accelerometer and magnetometer to provide compass and orientation readings.
- Status (yellow) - Providing updates on the status of both the tricorder itself, and the USS Enterprise.
- Archive (black) - A selection of historical images and data.